A zooming bar is available to select chromosomal region in the “Chromosomal” panel (Figure 3.13.3-1).
Figure 3.13.3-1. Navigation bar
From left to right, these tool buttons are:
- “Chromosome” box: selects chromosome;
- “From” and “to” text field; selects chromosomal region;
- “Display” button: press to display the relative chromosomal region, based on the genomic coordinates as inputted by the user (and will be annotated in the “Gene context” panel);
- “Full length” button: press to display the full length of the current selected chromosome;
- “+” button: zooms in, by the step specified by the “step” box;
- “-” button: zooms out, by the step specified by the “step” box;
- “Step” box: specifies the step for zooming in/out, or moving backward/forward;
- “<<” button: moves backward (to smaller chromosomal coordinates), by the step specified by the “step” box;
- “>>” button: moves forward (to larger chromosomal coordinates), by the step specified by the “step” box;
- “Annotate' button: annotates the currently showed chromosomal region;
- Information field: shows the current resolution;
- “How to use” button: shows help information on the “Chromosome” panel.